KDE running again

I finally have KDE running again. Last March, I inadvertently
updated libc and lots of things broke. I had to update my
Nvidia drivers to get X11 to run but then KDE would not start.
Currently, I'm running kernel 2.4.25 and Nvidia 1.0-5336
libc is glibc-2.3.2.ds1-13.  Everything else is pretty recent
from unstable.
I think the problem is in the loader (ld-linux-ia64.so) but I don't
know the interface spec well enough to be sure. libGL.so from
Nvidia has a tls section with mem size 0x40 but a file size of 0.
When the loader processes this, the tls region is left unusable.

Anyway, I now have a work around.

Richard Harke