Qt library on vanilla IA-64 Woody

Hi,

I have a C++ application requiring some features of the libstdc++
library provided with the gcc 3.0 suite (e.g. numerical limits). The
core application was then compiled using gcc 3.0 (from the gcc3
package). But the GUI of this application is programmed using the Qt
library and I get a lot of unresolved symbols at link for the Qt
objects. I didn't have these errors when the application core was still
compiled with gcc 2.96. Are 2.96 and 3.0 built objects incompatible? If
that's the case, does this mean that the Qt library was compiled with
gcc 2.96? Hence the errors with my 3.0 built objects.

Since this is some kind of a "production" workstation, I don't want to
mess with testing/unstable packages. That's why I'm still using this old
toolchains, waiting for the next stable Debian release. In the same
spirit, I would like to avoid installing softwares by recompiling their
source code (except perhaps for the kernel) if stable packages are
provided by Debian...

Thanks.