epROM - copys Where and How ?

Hi It's J.

I may be the lamest or the senilest person on this mailing list.

I have a HP i2000 Dual 800mhz, 4mb RAM, Itanium-64.

I have had so much trouble with this system its laughable.

====

I changed the ief boot mgr to accept input from how knows where, I was trying any thing to get my system going.

I found the SCSI card was bad, bought a replacement. Card now works. Debian loads up, but load just gave me, need to log in as root, and then WHO knows what to do.  Load will not Identify mouse, monitor, or  much else but during load I have read its log, and things seem to be OK , but NOT.

=====

Now a HP tech. told me to get the " Input problem " stragited out, he instructed me in an old trick, but it must not be good for IA-64 board, ( pull the battery and card then replace) now my system bios info reads, It is a single 533mhz system.

My problem is to try to download to a MS-XP-Pro system ( all I have got working), how to get it to a cd of floppy, and Intel states the IA-64 BIOS ver-117 seperated the BIOS updates into 3 seperate flashes.

=====

Where can www.????, or who might be able to e-mail attachments, for these flashes.

I am so poor at unix, I need the dirt on how to transfer to cd or floppy = MS-trash to Unix.

=====

Thanks for your reading patience

J.    RIBsNet@NetZero.Net