I have been battling a persistent problem with libc where I get
seg faults on anything related to locale. I have finally realized
that glibc-2.3.2.ds1-13 (and at least 2 predecessors) is incompatible
with kernel 2.4.25 Yet, when I search "unstable" I find that
glibc-2.3.2.ds1-13 is the only version shown while kernel
2.4.25 along with some 2.6 kernels are shown. I am running 2.4.25.
I find that I have two sets of kernel headers but the ones in
/usr/include/linux and /usr/include/asm don't match the ones
in the kernel source (/usr/src/linux). Which means that anything
I build that requires kernel headers will be wrong.
Currently, glibc-2.3.2.ds1-13 will not build using the 2.4.25 headers
which is one thing I tried.
So what should I do?
1) Revert to glibc-2.2.5 from stable and how would I do that?
2) Tweak my 2.4.25 headers and try again to build libc?
(This might be as little as putting sched_[gs]etaffinity into
unistd.h per the 2.6.x version of same)
3) Try to re-build the kernel with the newer headers (scary)
4) Upgrade to kernel 2.6.x and kiss-off 3d until Nvidia runs out of other
things to do and releases a new driver.
5) Something I haven't thought of?