Re: audacity 1.2.0-2 failed to build on ia64

[cc'ing bug 225449 and debian-ia64]

Joshua Haberman wrote:

> http://buildd.debian.org/fetch.php?&pkg=audacity&ver=1.2.0-2&arch=ia64&stamp=1080629507&file=log&as=raw
>
> I'm pretty sure the reason is because wxFile::Read() takes a parameter
> of type off_t, which can be either 32 bits or 64 bits depending on
> whether _FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 is defined.  It is defined when Audacity
> is compiled but presumably not when wxWindows is compiled.  This
> causes  the linker not to find the function with the signature it is
> expecting.

Actually, both wxwindows2.4 and audacity were compiled with
_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 and _LARGE_FILES defined, and these should have no
effect on ia64 anyways.  On ia64, off_t should always equal "long".

This came up on debian-ia64 recently:

 http://lists.debian.org/debian-ia64/2004/debian-ia64-200401/msg00000.html

It looks like wxwindows2.4 was somehow built incorrectly, causing off_t
== long long.  It appears that rebuilding wxwindows2.4 on ia64 with a
newer toolset fixes the problem, though this fix has not yet been
uploaded to the archive.

Ron, this does appear to be a problem with the wxwindows2.4 packages
currently in the archive for ia64.  Please re-open this bug if you
agree.  A rebuild or a binary-only NMU should solve the problem.

Also, I believe #239401 is a duplicate of this bug.

Thanks!