X 4.3.99 on ZX6000

Hi,

   I've tried for a few days to make X Windows working on ZX6000
with NVIDIA XGL980 under woody.
   The main constriction is that I need to keep the libc6.1 to 2.2 and not
to upgrade at 2.3 (mainly because of the intel compilers, but there are
also some other strange effects upgrading libc6.1).
   I have succeded to compile and to install XFree86 4.3.99 from the
sources but I have the following problem.

When I'm starting X with startx or when I'm starting kdm,
just for one second appears on the screen the NVIDIA logo and
after that the screen is black! I can not do anything
locally; I mean  if I try to kill X with Ctr+Alt+Backspace does not react,
if I try to switch to virtual consoles with Ctr+Alt+F2 also does not work.
I can log on through ssh and I have seen that in fact the uptime is normal.
But I can not find an X process (i.e /usr/X11R6/bin/X) running,
which I can "kill -9".

Looking at /var/log/XFree86.0.log I've  observed the following error
close to the end of the file

(EE) Couldn't load XKB keymap, falling back to pre-XKB keymap
(II) Server_Terminate keybinding not found

Has anyone any ideea what is happening?

Here some more specifications:

At the configuration of console-data I chose "Keep kernel keymap".

The NVIDIA module was installed without problems.

If I use "nv" module with framebuffer than I receive
"(EE) Screen(s) found, but none have a usable configuration."
If I don't use framebuffer then are a lot of "unresolved symbols" and
it ends up with "Caught signal 11.  Server aborting".

If I use "vesa" module (with or without framebuffer) X shows a lot
of "unresolved symbols" and at the end "Caught signal 11.  Server aborting".

Thank you for your time!
Paul.