Re: X and rx2600

I remember seeing this bug with an NVIDIA Quadro 4 card a long time ago. I can only suggest a couple of things: try downloading the latest firmware for the video card from HP's web site (is the Radeon VE a supported card?), and also, try using XFree86 4.3.99. There have been a few very important Itanium fixes since 4.2/4.3.0

	Good luck,

	Duraid

benjamin.morin@free.fr wrote:
Hello, I am trying to setup Xfree on a HP rx2600 (1.5 Ghz) with a Radeon VE QY). I have used the CD Rom provided by HP to install the system, then upgraded to testing (the kernel also comes from the testing distro). Thus, the current version of the xserver is 4.2.1-12.1. When I start X, the screen remains black until I kill -9 it by connecting with ssh on the host (the keyboard does not answer anymore). As long as it is not killed, it uses 100% CPU... Any Idea? Thanks, Benjamin Morin