Re: Trouble with stdarg on ia64

On Mon, Apr 28, 2003 at 02:24:22PM -0700, David Mosberger wrote:
>   Stefan> Well, I'm not sure if my remark is helpful in any
>   Stefan> respect. But, AFAICT, XView has never been ported to
>   Stefan> Linux/Alpha (maybe the first 64-bit Linux platform this was
>   Stefan> tried on many years ago).

It was ported to Alpha (I can't remember whether I ever used it myself on
Linux/Alpha, but I definitely ran it on OSF/1 and DEC Unix). After having
had a closer look at the code for the IA64 port now, I'm really surprised
that this ever worked...

> I remember looking into this many years ago, because "idraw" depended
> on XView.  After looking at the XView source code, I decided to switch
> to XFig... ;-)

I can understand that very well. :-)

> What apps are there out there that depend on XView and that people
> still care about?

ol(v)wm mainly. Most of the people asking for XView probably have been
using Slowlaris before. And then of course, I'm using it in one of my own
applications which is why I originally decided to keep XView alive. But I
guess now it's finally time to let it die...

Martin