Re: Booting Debian-ia64 install CD from EFI/elilo ?

On Tue, Apr 01, 2003 at 12:59:13PM +0100, Jeff Beranek wrote:
> I cannot boot directly from the Debian-ia64 installation CD (ISO written on
> WinXP Nero), (unlike the Red Hat install CD which boots okay). Also I tried
> booting from the floppy drive using 'dd' and the rescue.bin image, but
> without success.

I found that I couldn't boot our Itanium2 box from a jigdo-created ISO
burned on an XP box.  I don't know why - EFI could never find a DOS
partition on the CD.  I downloaded the mini-net-install CD ISO (see the
archive for this list to find out where to download it - only
about 70 MB), burned that on a Mac, and all was well.  Of course, this
was on an HP rx2600, not an SGI, but I imagine that EFI is EFI.

Tim

--
Dr Tim Cutts
Informatics Systems Group