Booting Debian-ia64 install CD from EFI/elilo ?

Sorry if this is a FAQ, but I'm just getting to grips with Debian and IA-64
Linux.

I'm struggling to work out how to install Debian on the following machine:

- SGI (Silicon Graphics) 750
- Intel IA-64 Itanium(1) based system (dual 733Mhz CPU)
- GPT partitioned SCSI disks (one with Red Hat 7.2a IA64, one with 64-bit
Windows Server 2003 RC2, and one blank & ready for Debian)
- IDE CDROM and IDE LS-120 Super disk (large capacity floppy drive)
- EFI 1.02 Firmware & boot menus

I cannot boot directly from the Debian-ia64 installation CD (ISO written on
WinXP Nero), (unlike the Red Hat install CD which boots okay). Also I tried
booting from the floppy drive using 'dd' and the rescue.bin image, but
without success.

Any suggestions? Could I use the elilo on the Red Hat /boot/efi partition to
boot the Debian install CD? If so what should the option in my elilo.conf
look like and what boot image should I use?

Jeff Beranek
Manchester, UK