Re: install debian on HP ZX6000: X-server problems

Max,

I would recommend that you try the latest XFree86 CVS, it has several IA64-specific fixes. I would recommend you try using the NVIDIA driver (and patch) available here:

	http://parallel.hpc.unsw.edu.au/~duraid/nvidia-ia64/

If this doesn't build for your kernel (>= 2.6.0-test8 needs a further tiny tweak IIRC) let me know and I'll get you set up.

	Duraid

Max Giordano wrote:
Hi, I'm new to IA64, I've installed Debian Woody on HP ZX 6000 (with 2 Itanium processor) and a geforce quadro video card.

I've problem to start X window. With woody, the vesa or the "nv" driver for X does not work cause they cannot find "int10" module, (I disable modules like PEX5 and Int10 in XF86Config unsucessfully). If I try to compile the driver from nvidia.com I get a couple of unresolved symbols. So I try to upgrade woody to sarge, in that case X will start but I have a black screen and that is not a big step ahead :-).

Someone know a a solution ? Thanks in advance, Max.

PS sorry for my english