Re: install debian on HP ZX6000: X-server problems

On Mon, 2003-11-03 at 14:24, Max Giordano wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm new to IA64, I've installed Debian Woody on HP ZX 6000 (with 2 Itanium
> processor) and a geforce quadro video card.
>
>  I've problem to start  X window. With woody, the vesa or the "nv" driver for
> X  does not work cause they cannot find "int10" module, (I disable modules
> like PEX5 and Int10 in XF86Config unsucessfully).

   It's been a while since I've fought this one, but try:

Option "NoINT10"

In the driver section of your XFree86 config file.

> If I try to compile the driver from nvidia.com  I get a couple of unresolved
> symbols.
>
> So I try to upgrade woody to sarge, in that case X will start but I have a
> black screen and that is not a big step ahead :-).

   You'll need X4.3 in experimental to get a working X that's newer than
woody.

	Alex

--
Alex Williamson                             HP Linux & Open Source Lab