Newer kernel and/or libc?

Hi

Recently I asked about a problem of mine - a lot of segmentation faults due to "unaligned access" (PHP 4 and Apache). My question is: will my segmentation fault vanish if I upgrade to a newer kernel (current: 2.4.19) or newer C library (current: 2.2.5)? My box is running a plain woody.

Some time ago Jes Sørensen submitted a patch to memcpy to this list. Would his patch cure the problem?

I have tried to insert "deb http://www.gelato.unsw.edu.au/~ianw/libc-nptl ./" in my /etc/apt/sources.list but I can't get my box to upgrade - apt is missing libdb1.

Kneth

--
Kenneth Geisshirt, M.Sc., Ph.D.         http://kenneth.geisshirt.dk