Re: ia64 testers wanted for sarge cds

Hi Khalid,
On Mon, Oct 06, 2003 at 03:31:44PM -0600, Khalid Aziz wrote:
> I tried the netinstall CD image on an HP zx2000 and didn't get very far.
> Here are the two problems I saw that prevented me from going any
> further:
>
> 1. Selecting "Detect a keyboard and select layout" causes:
>
>         An error or warning message was logged while running kbd-chooser
>         SIGSEGV

Was a problem with old kbd-chooser udeb.  CVS works ok for me, not sure
of current archive status.  Note also I havn't tried on a usb k/b box,
only on a bigsur with ps2 k/b.

> 2. "Detect CDROM" results in
>
>         Unable to load module 'ide-probe-mod' for 'Linux IDE probe
> Driver'.

Bug Bdale, waiting on new kernel udebs ;-)  Bugs are filed with patches.

See http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/ports-status for what I
had to do to make a working ia64 ISO a few days ago.

Richard