Re: FlightGear on ia64

Richard Harke writes:
> Terribly, terribly slow is an enormous understatement. The whole machine
> is virtually locked up. Takes many seconds to change desktop,
> misses mouse clicks a lot. FlightGear display seems to update
> about once every 4-6 seconds
> I've run Ksim
>
> 492M - 252M free
> 2000M - 1980M free
>
> sporadic disk activity
>
> cpu at 100%
>
> I think also it is some kind of debug mode as it keeps reporting
> details about what it is doing.

Your description of runtime performance seems to indicate that you are
not using any sort of hardware acceleration.  You should probably
check (ldd) that the flightgear app is indeed linked to the proper
nvidia accelerated opengl libs.

Regards,

Curt.
--
Curtis Olson   HumanFIRST Program               FlightGear Project
Twin Cities    curt 'at' me.umn.edu             curt 'at' flightgear.org