Re: FlightGear on ia64

rharke@earthlink.net (Richard Harke) writes:

>> On Thursday 28 August 2003 09:02 am, Matthew Wilcox wrote:
>>
>> What's wrong with the Debian package of flightgear?  ;-)
>>
>> I just installed the package on my zx2000.  It feels terribly terribly
>> slow, but it does seem to work.  Of course, I'm not using anything
>> from NVidia.
>
> Terribly, terribly slow is an enormous understatement.

Version 0.9.2-1 was uploaded on or about 6 June, with the ia64 build following
about a week later (I was traveling then, and the autobuilder wasn't getting
the usual amount of attention).

There's nothing obvious in the Debian BTS about performance issues.  See

    http://bugs.debian.org/flightgear

If it's not working well on ia64, someone who has tried it should at least
report that as a bug...

Bdale