Re: Testers needed: is smartmontools 64-bit clean?

Grant,

Thanks for sending this -- I noticed a couple of things that seem odd, so
I am going to make some inquiries.  So I may ask you to do some more
testing if we find something that's broken and needs fixing.

> > Could you please do a long or short self test
> > (-t short or -t long)
> > and send me the output after that has also finished?
>
> gsyprf3:~# smartctl -t long /dev/sdf
> smartctl version 5.1-15 Copyright (C) 2002-3 Bruce Allen
> Home page is http://smartmontools.sourceforge.net/
>
> Extended Background Self Test has begun
> Use smartctl -X to abort test
> gsyprf3:~#
>
> How do I know when it's done?

(usually less than an hour -- but I think if you print the self-test log,
then you'll get some indication that the test is in progress.)

> > I'd also appreciate the output of smartctl -A

Pardon me -- I was stupid -- I meant the outptu of smartctl -V.  I just
want to be sure I see which file versions you are using.

> oh sorry...I forgot to attach the "smartctl -a" output for
> all the devices...Attached this time along with "cat /proc/scsi/scsi/".

Thank you!

Cheers,
	Bruce