Itanium, Worth it?

I've been very interested and intrigued by the design of the IA64
and am on the verge of buying one, probably a ZX2000

But first I would like to ask how satisfied people are with their
itaniums. Do you get the performance you expected?
Does compiled code take good advantage of the multiple
execution units?

How complete is the debian distro for ia64? Same as for ia32?
I tend to KDE for the desktop and would plan to use the
QuadroPro Nvidia card. I see on Nvidia site they do have
the driver set. Any problems?

Also, has HP sales given up or are they so busy that can't
talk to me? As a potential buyer of one low end machine, I
don't expect a lot excitement on their part but they could
at least answer email.

Richard Harke