Pseudo-newbie installation query

Just got an HP rx2600 on loan, and am interested in installing Linux on
it for a comparison with HP-UX, which it has pre-installed.  The Debian
install docs don't yet seem to have differentiated from x86, so weren't
much help.  I imagine I have to drop into EFI, or whatever it's called,
and then boot from the CD, but I don't know how to do that on this
arch.

I have some experience installing Debian on Alpha boxes before, and
oodles of experience on x86, so I'm not a total newbie but I could do
with some pointers to get me started with the hardware-specific bits...

Judging by the quietness of this list in the few days I've been
subscribed, I imagine the number of people running Debian on IA64 is
currently rather small!

Thanks in advance...

Tim

--