Re: tried ia64-net-20020506.iso, (rx4610) failed with map_single IO TLB kernel panic...

  Jiri> I had the same swiotlb problem. The computer (SGI 750) hung
  Jiri> (kernel panic) after network card initialization
  Jiri> (ifconfig). The card (on-board) is Intel Pro/100 (or
  Jiri> equivalent).

Huh, this is very strange.  I didn't think the eepro driver could ever
have more than the ~1000 buffers which the swiotlb supports by default
(it's reserving about 2MB of bounce buffers, by default).

Can anyone reproduce this?  We run ifconfig on all of our systems with
no problem.  They all have eepro100 cards, so I believe there must be
something else going on.

  Jiri> By the way, I belive that one can directly enter "elilo linux
  Jiri> swiotlb=32768" instead of waiting for ELILO prompt and hitting
  Jiri> spacebar etc.

This is correct.

	--david