debian on a compaq proliant dl590/64

Hi,

I've tried the image from
http://gluck.debian.org/ia64/ia64-net-20020506.iso to see if it works
on the above. It does boot but fails to find the built in smart array
controller. It also generates a lot of kernel messages saying
"hda: lost interrupt".

To get around these, is it possible to provide an image with the
cpqarray driver compiled in, and to disable IDE DMA?

I managed to create a 2.4.18 ia64 kernel with these two changes and
replace the kernel image with this new one and it finds the smart
array controller and doesn't generate any lost interrupts messages.

Unfortunately, before the boot finishes, I get a kernel panic due to
attempts to access beyond the end of the initrd.img and I'm currently
not sure why. I'll investigate it further but it would be good to have
an official debian woody install image with the above options if
someone was in a position to create one.

Thanks,

-stephen

--
   Stephen Mulcahy, Software Engineer, A&O - Multivendor Systems Engineering,
 HP Services, Hewlett-Packard Company, Ballybrit Business Park, Galway, Ireland