Re: how to run 32 bit binaries

On 11/14/2001 02:56:04 PM MST Bdale Garbee wrote:

>cpg@aladdin.de (Christian Groessler) writes:
>
>> They don't seem to be installed, which package should I install to get
>> them?
>
>It'll be called ia32-libs, it has not been uploaded to Debian yet.  Should
be
>available sometime next week.

Cool.

>In the meantime, you'll have to manually fetch the pieces you need and
stuff
>them on the system if you really need to run an ia32 binary...

It's not that urgent.

>Out of curiosity, what are you trying to run?  I'd be pleased to know what
>shared library dependencies it has to compare against what I'm planning to
>include in the ia32-libs package.

Nothing special. It's a program of mine. Its a build tool mounted on the
network
and I often switch btw. i386 and ia64 using it. Currently I always
recompile it to
work on the arch I currently use, I thought it would be easier if the ia64
could
run the i386 version. And it was previously possible on RedHat, so I
thought,
I'd ask...

regards,
chris

If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager or  the
sender immediately and do not disclose the contents to any one or make copies.

** eSafe AKS_MUC scanned this email for viruses, vandals and malicious content **