Re: need help to install

	Would you care to try an educated guess at when:

- working (even if not perfect and buggy) install disks may be available?

- working (as above) gcc/g77 debian packages may be available?

- working X libraries (as above) may be available (I can use an x86 box as
an X terminal)?

We must buy a 64 bit workstation for data crunching, and while I would
prefer to have x86 compatibility (which ia64 should provide), we must also
be able to get real work done in a reasonable time. If TurboLinux already
works well on ia64, I may go with that until Debian reaches usability (as
defined by the bullets above). Or we may have to go for an Alpha, but I
would not like to give up on x86 compatibility.

Thanks
Giacomo

Giacomo Mulas <gmulas@ca.astro.it, giacomo.mulas@tin.it>

OSSERVATORIO  ASTRONOMICO
Str. 54, Loc. Poggio dei Pini * 09012 Capoterra (CA)

Tel.: +39 070 71180 216     Fax : +39 070 71180 222

"When the storms are raging around you, stay right where you are"
                         (Freddy Mercury)