Re: building debs...

In reference to a message from Daniel Schepler, dated Aug 01:
> The approach I was going to take was to build enough basic tools
> (notably Perl) to get dpkg to work, then start building packages from
> the bottom up: first libc6, binutils, gcc, and work up from there.
> Installing them as we went along to try to get real dependency
> information.  (Aside from the Build-Depends violations we can't help
> but have at the beginning.)

I'm not sure you can get completely correct depends info w/o a real
chroot (or your fakechroot idea)... i suppose if we play tricks with
LD_LIBRARY_PATH and such it should work. we might have to hack up dpkg a
bit too -- i actually tried to do this last night before i did the
overrides but couldn't get it to work. hope you have better luck at it.

randolph
--
Debian Developer <tausq@debian.org>
http://www.TauSq.org/