Re: New Albanian translator

Hello Irdi, welcome

El 20/7/22 a las 22:12, Irdi Ismaili escribió:
Yeah, i am attending DebConf22 and just learned how to contribute in translations and i was told to ask in this mailing list to create the Albanian language because it is not to be found anywhere. I will contribute on website translations and package descriptions but for the latest i send another email.

About the website, we have two types of resources to translate: wml files (these are similar to HTML files, but sometimes they include definitions or pieces of code), and .po files (you can use a PO editor to translate them, for example, POEdit).

You can start with the .po files, the Albanian ones are located here:

https://salsa.debian.org/webmaster-team/webwml/-/tree/master/albanian/po

You can also translate the homepage, the original English is here:

https://salsa.debian.org/webmaster-team/webwml/-/blob/master/english/index.wml

A more detailed description of how the website works and how to work with it is here: https://www.debian.org/devel/website/

But that could be a bit overwhelming for starting, or maybe you are not familiarised with git, in that case I would recommend that you download the .po files and the index.wml file from the links that I provided to your computer, translate them, and send them by mail to the public list debian-www@lists.debian.org (CC'ing debian-l10n-albanian@lists.debian.org for the case there is another translator around that can proofread).

Don't hesitate to contact the web team in our public list debian-www@lists.debian.org or our IRC channel #debian-www with any question or comment about translating the website.

Thanks!

Kind regards,

I am sorry if i am not clear or doing something wrong but i am new to all this.

Thank you for your time!

Sent from Proton Mail mobile