Re: ddtp translation reaching sid - status

Hi,

Le 17/02/2021 à 14:52, s3v a écrit :
> first of all, very sorry for putting you in a rush by resurrecting this task.
> We (Italian Team) are working hard on package translations but there are serious
> concerns about missing migration for translation files into the Debian archive.

I'm fully aware of the release cycle and totally understand your concern.

> Soft freeze is a fact and hard freeze is coming and quickly; stable release doesn't
> accept new files...
> What can we do to prevent Bullseye from having obsolete translations dated March
> 2020?

The only missing piece is allowing dak to access the ddtp machine to
retrieve the translations. If I understand it correctly, it just means
creating a user on the machine and adding dak's key.

I have opened RT ticket #8486 in December to ask for that and have not
had an answer yet. I also tried to ping the DSA team on IRC but got no
response either.
Since I was kind of expecting that, I also asked to FTP masters if the
retrieval of translations could be done differently (i.e. publicly
expose the archive so they could download it instead of using rsync).
They told me they preferred rsync for a lot of good reasons, and adding
a user is so fast anyway. Well…

So at this point, I don't know what to do. If anyone was able to
successfully ping the DSA team, it would be greatly appreciated.

We've started this migration journey more than 3 years ago and I'm out
of stamina, to be honest.

Thomas