Re: License and Copyright info for debconf translation of aide package

On Tue, Jan 19, 2021 at 05:53:56PM +0100, Jean-Pierre Giraud wrote:
> In the aide/debian/po/templates.pot file, it is written  "This file is
> distributed under the same license as the PACKAGE package." that is the
> usual statement for most of the debconf.po files. So, I think it is just
> needed to add this line, replacing "PACKAGE" with "aide".

Yes, that's an omission that we did 15 years ago. Some of the
translators have fixed this, some have taken the boilerplate from a
totally different package and most of them haven't licensed their work
at all.

> As said Helge, you can ask to the translation teams to do that and to
> review the translation : in French, there is an issue with the text
> encoding.

lintian flagged this, it's fixed in git.

Greetings
Marc