Re: Two columns named "Translators" in several web pages about l10n stats

Hello Laura,
On Sat, Jan 12, 2019 at 10:02:55PM +0100, Laura Arjona Reina wrote:
> Dear website and internationalisation teams
>
> Happy new year.
>
> It has been reported (in #debian-www) that in some web pages under
> https://www.debian.org/international/l10n/ there are tables about the
> status of translations, having 2 columns named "Translator".
>
> For example, in:
> https://www.debian.org/international/l10n/po/es.en
>
> right after "Section: main" we have these headers:
>
> Package Score File Translator Status Translator Date Bug
>
> The first "Translator" columns lists the name in the field
> "Last-Translator" of the corresponding .po file. The second "Translator"
> column lists the name of the sender of the last message to the mailing
> list, about the corresponding .po file.
>
> For the translation of the website files, we have these headers:
>
> File Diff Log Translation Maintainer Status Translator Date
>
> The "Maintainer" column lists the name in the field "maintainer" of the
> corresponding .wml file, so here there is no confusion.
>
> How should we name the former 2 "Translator" columns?
>
> My proposal would be these headers
>
> 1st Translator -> Translator
> 2ns Translator -> Last Message
>
> But I don't like them very much. Any other suggestions?

As the first is the last translator of the published version I would
keep it. The second one could be editor or maybe "maintainer", as this
person took care last of this particular transltion, i.e.

1st Translator -> Translator
2nd Translator -> Editor / Maintainer

(Last Message is not correct, as the replies to pseudo headers are not
tracked on purpose here).

Greetings

         Helge