iso-codes -- Re: RE: Tajik translation for debian-installer

Hi Victor,

Am Montag, 5. Februar 2018 schrieb victor.ibragimov@gmail.com:
> Hi Debian-i18n team!
>

> Tajik translation for debian-installer (sublevel1) is now 100%.

That is great, thanks!

> However, the translation is not final, as some terminology is still under
> the review by our local language authority (the Committee of Language and
> Terminology by the Government of Republic of Tajikistan).
>

> Meantime I am checking the updated Tajik translations by going through the
> installations process to resolve some stylistic and declination issues, so I
> need fresh daily ISO builds with updated Tajik translations.
>

> Also I found that country names are not translated into Tajik. It looks like
> translation files for debian-installer do not contain country names as well.

Country names are imported from iso-codes package.
That is to have one central place for this, instead of having
every project to maintain its own.
That is also documented here:
https://d-i.alioth.debian.org/doc/i18n/ch01s05.html

> So, please, prompt on how to translate country names into Tajik.

iso-codes repo is here:
https://salsa.debian.org/iso-codes-team/iso-codes

You can translate country names (ISO 3166-1) here:
https://hosted.weblate.org/engage/iso-codes/?utm_source=widget

However Tajik is not activated there.
CC'ing Tobias as it's maintainer:

Tobias, could you please enable Tajik for ISO3166-1 ?
Thanks

> And I would like to re-check if this link for ISO download is OK to use to
> review the latest translations in live:
>
> https://d-i.debian.org/daily-images/i386/daily/netboot/

That should be fine.

Holger