Re: Validation failed

On Sat, 14 Jan 2017 00:01:53 +0100
Laura Arjona Reina wrote:

> >The cause is UTF-8 character (&=128513; - 'GRINNING FACE WITH SMILING
> >EYES'), that translator Anthony Harrington has after his name.
> >https://www.debian.org/international/l10n/po/en_GB.en.html
> >I think it's false error message, because this is correct UTF-8
> >character.
> >Does somebody know how to fix this validation error?
> I didn't know how to fix it.
> Victory submitted a patch today, in bug #820119.

(I thought gen-file.pl "broke" but the contents in "unstable" file is already "broken")

the patch restores content broken by script used on i18n.d.o, perhaps
  debian-l10n/dl10n.git:/dl10n-check 769-770 which invoke 666-.

other way to fix is disable these lines;

I chose handling in webwml side in the patch
 as I'm not sure (how and if) the file is used in other places;

if it is not used on any other places,
 or who use on other scripts are smart enough to adjust their scripts,
 adjusting i18n.d.o side is a right way, as it does extra handling.

> Tomorrow I'll try to review and merge but my perl scripts are few so any comment on the patch is welcome.

you are whining since before saying like, my skills are ... , or ..., for a long time,
and will continue to do so in the future :(,
that never generate anything positive for the future, and stuck there forever.

do not run away from doing tests, otherwise you'll acquire no skills..
no current webmasters have such ones after all.

then you, as a DD/webmasters,
 should do thousands of test against as many as possible instead.
maybe you should get perl people, at least for review

--
victory
no need to CC me :-)