Re: Translation for Package descriptions has been down for 6 months now

Hello Joe,

Le 27/11/2016 à 15:54, Joe Dalton a écrit :
> Hi, us translators has a »small« issue with the update of our work.

Yes, "small"… :)

> http://ftp.debian.org/debian/dists/sid/main/i18n/
> hasn't seen an update for more than 6 months now and a new Debian version is in the horizon.
>
> This is the last info I have found about the issue. Do we have anyone with the interest and skills to look into this?

Well, the issue is not really about interest nor skills as we are
probably many people motivated in solving this.
The real problem is about access: currently the ddtp/ddtss service is
hosted on a machine that is accessible by very few people (I would say
kleptog and bubulle) and these people are not as available as they used
to be… :/

So, unfortunately, all we can do is wait for someone with access to fix
the issue and/or grant access to someone who can do it.

Being a DDTSS translator myself, I know how frustrating it feels, but
let's not become demotivated. There is still time for the translations
to make it into Stretch. :)

Cheers,
Thomas