Re: Crossfire (still) does not have any debconf po templates

retitle 748716 l10n scripts should not look at upstream debian/ of source/format 3.0 (quilt) packages
submitter 748716 kaol@debian.org
thanks

On Wed, Oct 22, 2014 at 06:57:40PM +0200, Christian PERRIER wrote:
> The scripts that generate the material for l10n status pages do *not*
> cope with the fact that the templates file as well as debian/po/ are
> actually deleted when the Debian patches are applied.

That's every source/format 3.0 (quilt) package.  It would do well for
the l10n scripts to take that into account.

> It would help a lot if the upstream tarball had no debian/ directory
> or, at least, no debian/templates and debian/po/ files and
> directories.

It would.  I can ask the upstream to do that but it's not something
any maintainer has direct control over, and this isn't (IMHO) a good
reason for repackaging upstream tarballs.  Not with 3.0 (quilt) taking
care of the situation.

> Anyway, I blacklisted crossfire from the status pages which should
> become effective....once the "gen-material" script works again as
> expected (it is actually broken for a not-yet-know reason for about 10
> days).

Thank you.  This should take care crossfire's case, but I think this
situation points to a more generic solution and I'm retitling the bug
accordingly.