Re: Getting rid of churro?

On 30 January 2014 06:52, Christian PERRIER <bubulle@debian.org> wrote:
Quoting Martijn van Oosterhout (kleptog@gmail.com):

> > Is the DNS fix on its way or is it lost in somebody's mailbox?
> >

> Everything is done now, except for the rsync from the ftpmasters.

Maybe try through the Debian System Admins way (see on
wiki.debian.org, the DSA team has instructions about how to ask for
changes on DSA-administered machines). Such things are not clear about
who is responsible for them: here, either the FTPmaster team or the
DSA team.

Hmm, sounds like an idea. I'm going to be off the air for at least the next week so if someone wants to take a shot at it in the meantime, go ahead.

> As a running machine it's not necessary anymore. However, as a historical
> system it's got a lot history. There are for example archives of the
> translation database going back months, maybe years. I think it would be
> worth making a copy of all the data on the disk.

It's probably best to copy them on the new machine instead of having
$someone keep them privately

The new machine doesn't have the disk space for that. Churro has like 150GB of storage (no idea what it all is). The new machine is 20GB total. That could probably be expanded but I haven't looked into that yet.

But, for sure, it's annoying to see that it's about 3 weeks now that
nothing moves in that regard and we get "arf arf" mails 4 times a day.

Very annoying indeed...

Have a nice day,
--
Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog@gmail.com> http://svana.org/kleptog/