Re: [DDTP] something not working properly again

On 18 January 2014 11:13, Beatrice Torracca <beatricet@libero.it> wrote:
Hi,

Something strange is happening today, I am not sure if it is related
with the DNS thing you are all taking care of (I don't understand all
the technical details here, sorry).

In the DDTSS, fetching a new package with an empty fetch gets you a
"Package not found" message.

Fetching a specific package by number works.

The page

http://ddtp.debian.net/ddt.cgi?alluntranslatedpackages=it

The reason is that there's a bit of code that tries to check if a Packages file has been updated or not and to not load it if it hasn't. This prevents loading of descriptions from versions of Debian that aren't supported anymore.

Anyway, the Package lists for sid apparently weren't updated for 3 days and so it thought there were no packages, and hence the list of translated/untranslated packages is empty.

And guess what it is: there are no bz2 files any more for sid. I saw the announcement, but never realised the consequences.

So now we have gz/bz2 for jessie and gz/xz for sid. I guess I'll just start downloading the gz files, since they're the common factor.

I'll see if I can fix this this afternoon.

Have a nice day,
--
Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog@gmail.com> http://svana.org/kleptog/