From: Christian PERRIER [mailto:bubulle@debian.org]
Sent: 30 July 2013 10:21
To: Victor Ibragimov
Cc: debian-i18n@lists.debian.org; debian-boot@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: Tajik Language - Adding support for a new language

Quoting Victor Ibragimov (victor.ibragimov@gmail.com):
> Hi Christian,
>
> Thank you for step to step assistance. Please, receive the UTF-8 encoded file with the name of the Tajik language.
> Here is some more info that might be helpful: Tajik keyboard layouts
> (standard and legacy) should be already there, if not more details can be found here http://www.kde.tj/?q=node/20 As for the needed characters, Tajik alphabet is based on Russian alphabet, with 6 special characters that must be shown across the system: [AB07 "ӣ Ӣ"], [AC02 "ҷ Ҷ"], [AD02 "қ Қ"], [AD09 "ҳ Ҳ"], [AE11 "ғ Ғ"], [AE12 "ӯ Ӯ"]. I am not sure which font to use, but any font(s) which can support all Tajik characters in standard, bold and italic.
>
> Please, let me know if additional info needed.

OK, thanks for the file with the local name of the language. That allowed me to build the localechooser entry.

>From the information you provide and given the presence of the 6 special characters, I assumed that Tajik can only be represented in graphical environments and not at the Linux console. That's an important item as it means that the entry for Tajik will only show up in the graphical version of D-I (which is now the default).

So, I chose "category 4" for the language (according to http://d-i.alioth.debian.org/doc/i18n/ch03s05.html).

Therefore, the "needed characters" step is not really meaningful as it is only relevant for languages that *can* be used at the Linux console.

We then completed steps 4, 5 and 6

Step 7 is about the font to use.

We need to check whether the DejaVu font (which is the one we most commonly use, for instance for all Cyrillic-based languages) includes the 12 special glyphs for Tajik....

.../...

It does : I just loaded your mail in an editor using the DejaVu fonts and the glyphs display correctly.

So, step 7 completed. I filled in
https://wiki.debian.org/DebianInstaller/GUIFonts
No more font needed.

For Step 8 (default keymap), can you mention me the settings that need to be chosen in X.org to get the Tajik keymap?