Re: on wording in zfs-linu debconf teamplate

Hi Martin,

On Wed, Jul 10, 2013 at 5:20 PM, Martin Bagge / brother
<brother@bsnet.se> wrote:

> hi Aron (and readers of d-i18n)
> I just sent the zfs-linu debconf translation to the BTS and all but I
> could not get this one thing out of my head. It might be that I have
> forgot or what not and we do it all the time but sitll.

Thank you for the help.

> This string:
>> Although possible, building in a 32-bit environment is unsupported
>> and likely to cause instability leading to possible data
>> corruption. You are strongly advised to use a 64-bit kernel; if you
>> do decide to proceed with using ZFS on this kernel then keep in
>> mind that it is at your own risk.
>
> Stating that the "you" should not build against the 32 bit kernel is
> fine. The last part though seems a bit over the top as using the
> complete system is on "your own risk" to begin with.

Actually this is sort of intended because using ZFS on Linux with a 32
bit kernel is not officially supported by upstream, but the
development is ongoing. We set this debconf template's priority as
critical and would like to let everyone doing such to keep informed.
The instability is not common to happen, but once happens it can lead
to quite big impact, that's to say running out of virtual memory and
make some programs (including ZoL) go mad.

> Some thoughts from a random guy. No need to argue or anything, I am
> happy to reword my translation if this is not how we usually do it.
>
> - --
> brother
> http://sis.bthstudent.se

Regards,