Re: Debian FAQ: translation call before package upload

On 26 May 2013 14:20, Beatrice Torracca <beatricet@libero.it> wrote:
> On Sunday 26 May 2013, at 11:30 +0200, Javier Fernandez-Sanguino wrote:
>
> Hi!
>
>> I would like to bring to your attention that the "Debian Faq" document
>> (available here [1]) has been updated recently to cover the Wheezy release.
>
> on the ddp svn repository the Italian translation is 100% with 975
> translated messages.

I don't get the same result when checking the latest revision in SVN:

$ pwd
(....)/ddp/manuals/debian-faq/po4a/po
$ svn update
En la revisión 10166.
$ msgfmt --statistics it.po
964 mensajes traducidos, 7 traducciones difusas, 11 mensajes sin traducir.
$ grep -A 3 fuzzy it.po
#, fuzzy, no-wrap
#| msgid "6.0"
msgid "7.0"
msgstr "6.0"
--
#, fuzzy, no-wrap
#| msgid "1 May 2012"

Those are fuzzy strings alright. So the statistics seem accurate.

> Even if I do a "make update-po" command I get for Italian
>
> 964 translated, 8 fuzzy, 11 untranslated.

I did not run update-po, which might explain the difference.

> which is different from the statistics you sent; so I am a bit puzzled
> on what files should I work on.

You should work on the file  debian-faq/po4a/po/it.po, after running
update-po. If the statistics do not match don't worry, just update the
file in SVN when your translation is ready.

> Any help on this would be appreciated,

Hope that helps.

Regards

Javier