Re: Debian FAQ: translation call before package upload

On Sunday 26 May 2013, at 21:25 +0200, Javier Fernandez-Sanguino wrote:

Hi!

> I don't get the same result when checking the latest revision in SVN:
>
> $ pwd
> (....)/ddp/manuals/debian-faq/po4a/po
> $ svn update
> En la revisión 10166.
> $ msgfmt --statistics it.po
> 964 mensajes traducidos, 7 traducciones difusas, 11 mensajes sin traducir.
> $ grep -A 3 fuzzy it.po
> #, fuzzy, no-wrap
> #| msgid "6.0"
> msgid "7.0"
> msgstr "6.0"
> --
> #, fuzzy, no-wrap
> #| msgid "1 May 2012"
> msgid "5 May 2013"
> msgstr "1 maggio 2012"

maybe I am going crazy... and today I already made a couple of silly
Debian related mistakes, so I might be making a gross mistake again but:

$ svn up
Alla revisione 10166.
$ msgfmt -c -v -o /dev/null po4a/po/it.po
975 messaggi tradotti.

even if I go on the anonscm.debian.org website at the page:
http://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/ddp/manuals/trunk/debian-faq/po4a/po/it.po?view=log
and I download the version of the po file there it is the same I have
with no fuzzy messages and 975 translated messages (and the it.po file
is 9 months old).

Am I missing something obvious?

> You should work on the file  debian-faq/po4a/po/it.po, after running
> update-po. If the statistics do not match don't worry, just update the
> file in SVN when your translation is ready.

I will do that, then, but I am still quite puzzled. :)

Thanks,
beatrice