Re: Sharing back DDTP translations to Debian

On 30 March 2013 12:59, Christian PERRIER <bubulle@debian.org> wrote:
>> We're willing to write the script but would love technical pointers (thus
>> the request for a point of contact to guide us).
>
> That's the most difficult point, indeed. Maybe Martijn van Oosterhout
> (who manages the code behind the DDTSS) is the person who is the most
> able to help out here.

With respect to importing translations in bulk, the traditional method
to do that has been via the email interface, since it requires no
authentication or review.

Unfortunately since the DDTP has been moved the email interface
doesn't work properly due to missing DNS records.

With the new DDTPng you can simply import Translation-xx files
directly into the database, which essentially has the same effect.
(It's possible the current DDTP also has such a script, but I haven't
looked).

Have a nice day,
--
Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog@gmail.com> http://svana.org/kleptog/