Re: Sharing back DDTP translations to Debian

Quoting Pierre Slamich (pierre.slamich@gmail.com):

> On quality, we try to tighten the process as much as possible, and we have
> a policy of having a string validated by a team member, even if the
> suggestion originates from another team member (and we select team members
> quite tightly).
> Given the sheer number of strings we're talking about, mistakes will happen
> though and that's why I proposed contributing back as suggestions or at
> least have them reviewed one or two more times Debian-side. Our methodology
> is to translate in a way that can be understood, using
> glossaire.traduc.orgto standardize on proper translations, and
> sometimes taking creative
> licence to correct stuff that is not legible in the original version.

I'm quite tempted to say that we can work in confidence and have all
this work being imported straight away. Just needs to find someone
wanting to automate all this.

> Thus, I assume that it's not as simple as importing our translations as
> FUZZY in a PO file, right ?

No, mostly because the DDTP doesn't use gettext.

> > Some teams are doing automated work with the DDTP : they might be able
> > to help you out, here.
> >

> Which teams have undertaken such a process that we could try to contact ?

The Italian team has some things, IIRC. Also, someone did some work
for Chinese, in order to import translations contributed externally

> We're willing to write the script but would love technical pointers (thus
> the request for a point of contact to guide us).

That's the most difficult point, indeed. Maybe Martijn van Oosterhout
(who manages the code behind the DDTSS) is the person who is the most
able to help out here.