Re: Exploring the possibility of an l10n upload of xfsdump to fix pending l10n bugs

Hi David,

On 30 July 2012 06:45, David Prévot <david@tilapin.org> wrote:
> The i18n team is now hunting the very last bits of missing localization
> and your package went on our radar. You may have uploaded recently but,
> unfortunately for you, you then got *another* l10n bug report. We
> really should prevent translators from translating...:-)

S'ok - not sure how I missed this but report originally, but somehow I've
managed to forget about it... apologies all round.

> So, sorry for this, but the radar beeped at your package and here am I
> with an NMU intent...:-)

I tried merging the .po file into the build, but it causes a build failure...
any ideas what this might be caused by?

    [MSGFMT] de.mo
/usr/bin/msgfmt -c --statistics -o de.mo de.po
de.po:24:13: invalid multibyte sequence
de.po:31:13: invalid multibyte sequence
de.po:31:45: invalid multibyte sequence
de.po:31:51: invalid multibyte sequence
de.po:68:14: invalid multibyte sequence
de.po:73:48: invalid multibyte sequence
de.po:82:15: invalid multibyte sequence
de.po:94:64: invalid multibyte sequence
de.po:99:15: invalid multibyte sequence
de.po:104:14: invalid multibyte sequence
de.po:108:13: invalid multibyte sequence
de.po:130:50: invalid multibyte sequence
de.po:150:34: invalid multibyte sequence
de.po:154:33: invalid multibyte sequence
de.po:173:48: invalid multibyte sequence
de.po:173:49: invalid multibyte sequence
de.po:183:29: invalid multibyte sequence
de.po:192:19: invalid multibyte sequence
de.po:207:11: invalid multibyte sequence
de.po:207:23: invalid multibyte sequence
/usr/bin/msgfmt: too many errors, aborting
make[2]: *** [de.mo] Error 1
make[1]: *** [po] Error 2
make: *** [default] Error 2

> Of course, an upload made by you would even be better...:-)

Happy to do that (as well as get this merged upstream where it should
live), if someone can help me resolve the above issue.

> Such changes are always harmless, which explains why...

Hmmm, interesting theory.  :)

> If you intent to upload yourself, please discuss with me. I propose

I've attached a patch which would incorporate the new translation
into the build (this matches how the German and Polish files exist
in the xfsprogs build too, for reference - and is against the latest
upstream sources, but should apply to older versions cleanly too).
But the output above suggests there's an issue with the translation
file... any help much appreciated!

cheers.

--
Nathan