Re: Translatable software names in package descriptions synopsis

Hello,
On Wed, Jul 25, 2012 at 05:00:08PM -0600, Christian PERRIER wrote:
> Quoting Martin Eberhard Schauer (Martin.E.Schauer@gmx.de):

> I would go for what Justin suggests: keep English in the synopsis and,
> if I feel it's  needed, develop in the loong description.

I understood Justin that the translator should ignore the name
expansion while translating and just consider this a usual
short description.

> In the example used by Justin (yarn), I wouldn't even try totranslate
> "Yet Another Reader for News" oratleast not that literally.

I would suggest translating this string because if the reader is
unable to (fully) understand English and searches for packages
(reading the short description) he would miss this one.

Of course, literal translation is usually not the best way.

Greetings

           Helge