Re: Exploring the possibility of an l10n upload of gnarwl to fix pending po-debconf l10n bugs

On 18/08/2012 18:48, David Prévot wrote:

Dear Debian maintainer,

(“oh no, not another one”…)

The gnarwl Debian package, which you are the maintainer of, has pending
bug reports which include translation updates or fixes for po-debconf,
namely bug number 659777 (and maybe other similar bugs).

The i18n team is now hunting the very last bits of missing localization
and your package went on our radar. You may have uploaded recently but,
unfortunately for you, you then got *another* l10n bug report. We
really should prevent translators from translating...:-)

So, sorry for this, but the radar beeped at your package and here am I
with an NMU intent...:-)

[...omissis...]

If you intent to upload yourself, please discuss with me. I propose
handling a translation update round and I can handle it myself for you.
That will just require a few days.

In case I upload an NMU, I will subscribe to the Package Tracking System
for this package and follow its life for 60 days after my NMU in order
to fix any issue potentially introduced by my upload.

Let me know, as soon as possible, if you have any kind of objection to
this process.

Dear David,

I'll be more than happy to perform an update of the package.

Now I'm trying to solve a problem with the installation process that removes the configuration files already installed. i'll try to update soon as possible.

Regards

Francesco