[Date Prev][Date Next] [Thread Prev][Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]

Re: Exploring the possibility of an l10n upload of pcd2html to fix pending po-debconf l10n bugs


if you are really sure that wishlist bugs are rectified for a freeze
exception and that the issue is worth this effort?  If it is really
important to you I could do the upload - I did not uploaded for this
issue alone because I regarded the problem as very unimportant (not your
l10n work but this *specific* translation for a very low popcon package
which deserves probably rather a removal than working on it these days
were Kodak photo CDs are close to not available any more).

Kind regards


On Sun, Aug 19, 2012 at 10:43:55AM -0400, David Prévot wrote:
> Hash: SHA256
> Dear Debian maintainer,
> (“oh no, not another one”…)
> The pcd2html Debian package, which you are the maintainer of, has
> pending bug reports which include translation updates or fixes for
> po-debconf, namely bug number 660278 (and maybe other similar bugs).
> The i18n team is now hunting the very last bits of missing localization
> and your package went on our radar. You may have uploaded recently but,
> unfortunately for you, you then got *another* l10n bug report. We
> really should prevent translators from translating...:-)
> So, sorry for this, but the radar beeped at your package and here am I
> with an NMU intent...:-)
> In case you can't update your package, I hereby propose, as part of
> a more general action of the Debian i18n Task Force to build and
> possibly upload a non-maintainer upload for this package in order to
> fix this as well as all pending translations for the documentation
> and debconf templates.
> Of course, an upload made by you would even be better...:-)
> Such changes are always harmless, which explains why I safely consider
> building NMU's for such issues even though they're obviously non critical.
> The schedule for the NMU (in case it happens, that is if you agree with
> it or if I don't receive any answer in 3 days) is roughly the following:
>  Sunday, August 19, 2012      :	send this notice
>  Wedesday, August 22, 2012    :	post an NMU announcement to debian-i18n
> 				with you (maintainer) CC'ed
>  Monday, August 27, 2012      :	deadline for receiving translation
> 				updates
>  Tuesday, August 28, 2012     : build the package and upload it to
> 			DELAYED/3-day, send the NMU patch to the BTS.
>  Thursday, August 31, 2012   :	NMU reaches incoming
> If you intent to upload yourself, please discuss with me. I propose
> handling a translation update round and I can handle it myself for you.
> That will just require a few days.
> In case I upload an NMU, I will subscribe to the Package Tracking System
> for this package and follow its life for 60 days after my NMU in order
> to fix any issue potentially introduced by my upload.
> Let me know, as soon as possible, if you have any kind of objection to
> this process.
> If you'd rather do the fix yourself, I will of course leave the package
> alone. Same if you have reasons not to do the update now.
> Regards
> David
> Version: GnuPG v1.4.12 (GNU/Linux)
> ZI8t1ADbGODsl8UG2/++vtmlsSLzcyFRAnOHWpL+Pz9upLosCFu/XD3Yx4tg4SxZ
> 6ebiGmJ1g6bkzLMdPVFoIqRUchrAF0aZvzEJO27Idtwaq+c425nU+6XWSeYewhJ8
> LpPvzq0ty3qOFWWBlQb1Qkf4kDQCJIELy5PbMBM1GuGg/hP4+ixnidaOpBcXxbhC
> o5Ah8Axs4LPVOW5oYLXp2gweGnH5Axk5b/trriLmnVSNrtS6VpVnEko1IRqSBqe6
> RCGpEIHZOFxxzJ5hP9CEJamI32Cerr4Z1KVCIRY+6pakarDuT+EhRjvLOIohmFyI
> g0/y4HODjXK+EyP/xRMsVeHU7dZKdJt3spfsqYEhbGdgL1puVhZi4WTSKnLdx6LC
> jXl4C+0SAqRNX8EIxFpggx3EfUarVe/LiMwFqtPxdXOJ/LvtT3hlytnVT0hQ8JXV
> i/dBMVmwb57PHK75Jw7iNEq/txMvAiDSrG9h3m+1L8pXjvZvUq/iwXHPJ5rf3FoP
> 04AccXLa3rGl06rK2p5T/ivbOJwJhQT+8TfXbqXbRDIAlMY8UD4igEfu45jJ8Ocb
> naMBwS5G60ZZ6xuV0J0cvCVa8kyQwjpDMlJjqUBMPBOQSMIPfapqIB1g88MLIa8K
> hpmyYt1PYBDpR41z/S6D
> =lJib


Reply to: