Exploring the possibility of an l10n upload of libgpg-error to fix pending l10n bugs
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Dear Debian maintainer,
(“oh no, not another one”…)
The libgpg-error Debian package, which you are the maintainer of,
has pending bug reports which include translation updates or fixes
for translation handled by gettext, namely bug number 625485 (and
maybe other similar bugs).
The i18n team is now hunting the very last bits of missing localization
and your package went on our radar. You may have uploaded recently but,
unfortunately for you, you then got *another* l10n bug report. We
really should prevent translators from translating...:-)
So, sorry for this, but the radar beeped at your package and here am I
with an NMU intent...:-)
In case you can't update your package, I hereby propose, as part of
a more general action of the Debian i18n Task Force to build and
possibly upload a non-maintainer upload for this package in order to
fix this as well as all pending translations for the documentation
and debconf templates.
Of course, an upload made by you would even be better...:-)
Such changes are always harmless, which explains why I safely consider
building NMU's for such issues even though they're obviously non critical...
The schedule for the NMU (in case it happens, that is if you agree with
it or if I don't receive any answer in a week) is roughly the following:
Monday, July 30, 2012 : send this notice
Monday, August 6, 2012 : post an NMU announcement to debian-i18n
with you (maintainer) CC'ed
Thursday, August 16, 2012 : deadline for receiving translation
Friday, August 17, 2012 : build the package and upload it to
DELAYED/10-day, send the NMU patch to the BTS.
Monday, August 27, 2012 : NMU reaches incoming
If you intent to upload yourself, please discuss with me. I propose
handling a translation update round and I can handle it myself for you.
That will just require a few days.
In case I upload an NMU, I will subscribe to the Package Tracking System
for this package and follow its life for 60 days after my NMU in order
to fix any issue potentially introduced by my upload.
Let me know, as soon as possible, if you have any kind of objection to
If you'd rather do the fix yourself, I will of course leave the package
alone. Same if you have reasons not to do the update now.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.4.12 (GNU/Linux)
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----