Re: Exploring the possibility of an l10n upload of software-properties to fix pending l10n bugs

On Mon, Jul 30, 2012 at 03:12:18PM -0400, David Prévot wrote:
> Dear Debian maintainer,
>
> (“oh no, not another one”…)
>
> The software-properties Debian package, which you are the maintainer of,
> has pending bug reports which include translation updates or fixes
> for translation handled by gettext, namely bug number 676288 (and
> maybe other similar bugs, e.g. #621482, #624756 and #626941).

Right, and it's a bit uncool here, as we are not really the upstream
of the package, but rather Ubuntu is and I don't really want to
keep a delta here.

And I can't just contribute them upstream, as that might need a
contributor license agreement from the translator. And given that
I want to get the Debian branch merged back into the Ubuntu one
at some point, merging translations or any other kind of patch
without a contributor agreement for Canonical is kind of a no-go
for me.

--
Julian Andres Klode  - Debian Developer, Ubuntu Member

See http://wiki.debian.org/JulianAndresKlode and http://jak-linux.org/.