Re: Double gzipped files from i18n.debian.org

Hello Christian,
On Sun, Jul 08, 2012 at 11:03:15AM -0600, Christian PERRIER wrote:
> So, if you go to a page like
> http://www.debian.org/international/l10n/po-debconf/sv, links there
> are all on i18n.debian.org now. I was about to announce this when...I
> noticed the problem.
>
> If you for instance click on a link like "keystone", then try to get
> the templates.pot file
> (http://i18n.debian.org/material/po/unstable/main/k/keystone/debian/po/keystone_2012.1.1-1_templates.pot.gz),
> the file you get is.....gzipped twice!
>
> However, on the file system of i18n.debian.org, the file is indeed
> gzipped once. So the problem is NOT in the scripts that gather the
> material but more probably in the web server setup.

This is unreproducible here.

If I go to the first link, follow through to the keystone template,
the link points to a gzipped file, which I can download and gunzip
fine. No double gzip involved.

This is consistent with your statement that the file is gezipped on
disk.

Or do you mean the "old" behaviour, that the files were delivered
plain (without gzip). But then they should not appear gzipped on disk,
I belive …

(I used links, if that matters).

Greetings

            Helge