Re: Intent to NMU webfs to fix pending po-debconf l10n bugs

Dear Christian Perrier,

måndag den  7 maj 2012 klockan 09:37 skrev Christian PERRIER detta:
> Dear Debian maintainer,
>
> The webfs Debian package, which you are the maintainer of, has
> pending bug report(s) which include translation updates or fixes
> for po-debconf, namely bug number 660368 (and maybe other similar bugs).

And #661680, which is neederlands.

> So, sorry for this, but the radar beeped at your package and here am I
> with an NMU intent...:-)
>
> I have the intention, as part of a more general action of the Debian
> i18n Task Force to build and possibly upload a non-maintainer upload
> for webfs in order to fix this as well as all pending translations
> for the debconf templates.
>
> Of course, an upload made by you would even be better...:-)

Feel free do do it at a time of your choice. It will relieve me of
the futile task of finding a sponsor, an undertaking which is nowadays
a true pain for any establish package with a dormant upstream. The
Debian project is severely deteroriating in this respect.

I will only have access to OpenSolaris and BSD variants for some
weeks to come, so go ahead with your NMU.

Best regards,
  Mats Erik Andersson, DM