Re: postfixadmin 2.3.5-1: Please translate debconf PO for the package postfixadmin

Quoting Helge Kreutzmann (debian@helgefjell.de):
> On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 10:11:40AM -0400, David Prévot wrote:
> > Le 11/04/2012 05:06, Gergely Nagy a écrit :
> >
> > > I would like to ask everyone involved - maintainers and translators
> > > alike - to not do that: don't request bugs to be filed against packages
> > > not yet in the archive, and preferably don't file bugs against such
> > > stuff. Send translations to the maintainer directly instead, or get the
> > > package in the archive first - whatever works for you, but what happend
> > > here is a tiny bit annoying for everyone involved.
> >
> > Sure, it's pretty rare that maintainers care enough for translations to
> > ask for them before the package actually enters the Debian archive, I
> > would like to first thank Norman for that. In such case, we should
> > indeed care to handle the bugs properly, but asking translators to *not*
> > fill bug report is a bit tough. Those bugs report are quite easy to find:
> >
> > http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?pkg=postfixadmin;dist=unstable
> >
> > and they are really useful for the coordination:
> >
> > http://i18n.debian.net/debian-l10n/french/fr.by_package.html#postfixadmin
>
> Full seconed. I am also quite happy that here all users of Debian are
> considered from the start, not only those which happen to speak
> English fluently (as Debconf questions are shown only once, this *is*
> relevant).

Sre, but I don't thing that Gergely wa in any way trying to discourage
people to consider localization the way it should be.

What happened here is just infortunate : we have a motivated
maintainer who really wants to do things The Right Way, he calls for
translations and, unfortunately, uses the standard template for tis,
that encourages sending bug reports.

And we have QA people who are processing bugs sent to unknown
packages, which is something I guess is a very tedious task. I suppose
that Gergely was just slightly annoyed by seeing us translators (me
included!) blindly sending bu reports against an unknown package.

So, well, this situation is, by chance, rare enough for being
something that we probably can live with. We maybe just need to be a
bit more attentive when such calls for translations are sent.

Thanks, Gergely, for warning us and handling thins the say, I think,
they should be handled.