Re: Exploring the possibility of an l10n upload of vpb-driver to fix pending po-debconf l10n bugs

Hi Christian,

On Wed, Mar 14, 2012 at 07:14:17AM +0100, Christian PERRIER wrote:
> Dear Debian maintainer,
>
> ("oh no, not him again"...)
>
> The vpb-driver Debian package, which you are the maintainer of, has
> pending bug report(s) which include translation updates or fixes
> for po-debconf, namely bug number 655458 (and maybe other similar bugs).

I don't currently have any other reason pending for a new release of this
package, except this bug.  And I haven't forgotten about that one either,
I'd just been waiting for another reason to upload, or maybe a few more
translations to bubble in to do them all in a batch.

Since I'm also upstream for this, I'm happy to push out a new update for
it if we're moving toward "finalise things ready for the freeze" mode.

Would you perhaps like to put out another call for translations on this
one first?  So that if there are any more to come we can do them all in
the one upload.  If so, let me know what timeline you want to give that
and I'll upload whatever we've got at the end of that period.

I'm sort of trying to avoid releasing "one new version for every new
translation" -- because that makes users wonder if they need to update
too when they mostly probably don't, but I'm also happy to have the most
complete set of translations that we can for wheezy, so if we can shake
out any more that are likely to come before I do the the next upload,
that would be great!

Cheers,
Ron